Biden Announces Legal Protections for Undocumented Spouses of U.S. Citizens

What’s New? On June 18, the Biden Administration announced an innovative change in immigration policy that could reshape the lives of many: the introduction of the “Parole-In-Place” (PIP) program. This new initiative aims to provide temporary legal status and work permits to undocumented immigrants who are married to U.S. citizens. By enabling these individuals to […]

U.S. Passport Processing Times Drop Back to Pre-Pandemic Levels

Good news for travelers! The U.S. Department of State has announced a significant improvement in passport processing times, which have now returned to pre-pandemic levels. This is a welcome development for anyone planning international travel soon. Current Processing Times As of December 18, 2023, the processing times for U.S. passports are as follows: Routine Services: […]


𝑈𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑢𝑝𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑔𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑠, 𝑓𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒́ 𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑎𝑠, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑚𝑚𝑖𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced significant fee increases for immigration applications, effective April 1, 2024. This major fee revision, the first since 2016, aims to address the financial challenges faced by the agency. All applications submitted after […]

Benefits of a Reentry Permit for Permanent Resident

A reentry permit is essential for U.S. permanent residents who plan to travel outside the United States for extended periods. It serves as proof that the resident does not intend to abandon their permanent status, allowing reentry without a returning resident visa, even after absences longer than a year.This permit is particularly useful for residents […]

Sorting Through the Requirements for a K-1 Fiancé Visa

The Big Picture – Immigrating Through a Fiancé The K-1 visa process involves three main components: petitioning the fiancé, applying for the visa, and applying for permanent residence. The petition establishes a qualifying relationship, while the visa application is straightforward unless the beneficiary has a criminal history. After 90 days of marriage, the beneficiary can […]

Top 7 Questions When Applying For Citizenship Test (Part 1)

𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒏? The naturalization process typically takes 8-12 months after filing Form N-400, involves three major appointments: biometrics appointment, citizenship interview, and oath ceremony. Permanent residents filing the N-400 application at least six months before their green card expires receive a no-cost extension, ensuring their green card’s validity. […]

Ways to Become a US Citizen

Looking to become a U.S. citizen? There are benefits aplenty, from rights to retirement savings. Most Americans are citizens by birth, but if you’re looking to naturalize, you generally have four paths: birth in the U.S., derivation, acquisition, or naturalization. The naturalization process is the most traveled, with a million green card holders applying yearly. […]

Green Card Renewal from Outside the United States

If you’re outside the U.S. and realize your green card is expiring or missing, it’s impossible to renew or replace it. However, there are ways to return to the U.S. after temporary travel abroad, as U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) doesn’t support renewals from outside the U.S. 𝑴𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰’𝒎 […]

How Parents Can Request a Consular Report of Birth Aboard for Children

A Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) certifies American citizenship for a child born outside the US, typically under 18 years old, and is similar to a US passport, Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship.   𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒄𝒆𝒅𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑫𝒐𝒄𝒖𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝑩𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝑨𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒅 𝑆𝑡𝑒𝑝 1: 𝐺𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑣𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 To acquire a child’s citizenship, gather birth evidence, […]

Q & A: Removing Conditions on A Green Card (Part 2)

𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐈-𝟕𝟓𝟏 𝐧𝐨𝐰? To replace a lost, stolen, or damaged green card, file Form I-90, but don’t use it if your card expires within 90 days or to renew a conditional green card. Expect a government fee and a wait of 8-12 months for a new […]