Category Archives: Visa

Avoid These Costly Mistake In The K-1 Visa Process

The K-1 fiancé visa is a popular U.S. visa for foreign national fiancés entering the U.S. for marriage and adjustment to permanent resident status. Common mistakes in the process can delay or cause long-term immigration issues. Before preparing Form I-129F, review these avoidable issues. Summiting a Poorly Prepared Petition Small errors in Form I-129F can […]

Update: U.S. Passport Holders Will Need a Visa to Travel to Europe in 2024

Beginning in 2024, American passport holders planning a trip to Europe will be required to obtain authorization through the European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) before embarking on their journey. Despite the current privilege of visa-free access to most European Union nations for U.S. citizens, this convenience is set to change with the implementation […]

Entering a U.S on a Visitor Visa with a Pending I-130 Petition

Obtaining a family-based green card can be lengthy, with some relationships taking months to obtain an immigrant visa. Visiting family in the US while waiting for an immigrant visa can be challenging. Nonimmigrant visas, such as B-1 or B-2 visitor visas, can be obtained with a pending I-130 petition. B-1 visas are typically used for […]

Visa Sponsorship and How It Works

Visa Sponsorship for Family There are a variety of family-based visas for nonimmigrant (temporary) purposes and immigrant (permanent) purposes. Green Card Sponsorship Family-based immigration is the most common method for obtaining a green card, with over 600,000 people getting one annually. Visa sponsorship comes from the petitioning relative or other sponsors, with some contributing income […]

How to Change Your F-1 Visa to a Green Card

F-1 Visa to Green Card through Family Family-based immigration laws in the US allow citizens and permanent residents to petition relatives for a green card, allowing them to adjust their status to permanent residents. Marriage to a U.S. citizen is a typical qualifying relationship. Applicants must have an immigrant visa and be physically present, and […]

Adjustment of Status Through a K-1 Visa Entry

The K-1 visa is for the fiancé of a U.S. citizen to come to the U.S.A for the purpose of marriage. If married, you have 90 days to apply for an adjustment of status to become a permanent resident. This is an exclusive process reserved for certain intending immigrants. 𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝑴𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝑬𝒙𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒊𝒇 […]