Other Immigration Services

Pacific Immigration assists employers and employees to acquire work visas; processes foreign student permits; and helps asylee, refugee and domestic violence victims to reside in the US legally. Let’s work on your specific concerns.

Schedule a Free Consultation Schedule a Consultation Help to check your case?

Employment-Based Immigration

Other nationalities who wish to work in the US, either on permanent or temporary placement can be granted work visas, provided that a legal US-based company sponsors their employment. There are a variety of visas available depending on the type of work, terms of employment and other factors.

There are certain limits and restrictions that the US immigration observes such as allowing 140,000 visas only per year for permanent employment and limiting the number of immigrants per nationality. It is also good to be reminded that since most work visas are sponsored by employers, employees’ work permits can be revoked when they lose or leave the job.

Foreign students who want to study in the US must acquire an F-1 visa and after graduation, can convert it into a work-based visa. 

Humanitarian Immigration

The US is very inclusive and welcoming to people of other nationalities, especially for humanitarian reasons.

Asylees and refugees may be legally allowed to reside and work in the US. Asylees are foreign nationals who are already in the US. They can apply for asylum within a year of arriving in the US. On the other hand, refugees are those who can’t return to their homeland due to economic instability, war, disaster or a general sense of uncertainty. To stay in the US legally, refugee petitions should be applied in another country.

People who are victims of abuse, crime and violence may also be embraced to stay in the US under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and the U and T Visas.

How we can help

Pacific Immigration can assist employers and employees to acquire the needed work visa. We will guide them through the process of collecting information, prepare documentation, answer applications and case specific questions and assist them as they undergo the application procedure.

In the same way, we are extending assistance to asylees, refugees and crime/abuse victims to obtain legal residency status in the US. We need to learn your individual circumstance to customize our approach with the application.

Let us hear from you and together let’s discuss the best way to achieve your visa goals.

Contact Us Schedule a Consultation


EB1A – This visa type is for foreign nationals who excel in their field or possess an extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, business, education or athletics.

EB1C – Multinational executives or managers fall under this type of visa.

EB2 / EB3 – These are second and third preference employment-based immigration categories.

Nonimmigrant Work Visas – Temporary working visas such as L1 and H1B may be given to foreign nationals to work in the US.


The US has been a shelter for asylees and refugees and a home to live their lives anew. They are people who seek protection from persecution and fear brought about by circumstances and the condition in their own country related to their race, religion, nationality, affiliation and political position. 

Asylees and refugees’ immigration status does not expire. They can live and work in the US indefinitely. Upon granting admission in the US, asylees and refugees should accomplish form l-94 or the Arrival/Departure Record.

visa types for crime and human trafficking victims

U-Visa – A US nonimmigrant visa for victims of crimes and violence who have suffered physical and/or mental abuse. The purpose of this visa is to protect non-US citizen crime victims and to gather more information about crimes. The victim should fully cooperate with authorities in order to be granted a  U-visa.

T-Visa – Nonimmigrant visa for victims of human trafficking. They are also required to report and cooperate in the investigation of the crime committed against them. T-visa holders are allowed to stay and work in the US.

Mario Martinez
Andy Guscott
Can I work in the US while processing my Green Card?

Working in the US while waiting for a Green Card

Yes, you can work and live in the US while waiting for your green card, provided that you have a valid work visa, such as an H1B or L-1 visa. You should obtain a work permit by filing Form I-765. Also, a work visa, usually the L-1, is a prerequisite to apply for a permanent residence in the US.

What is the PERM application for a Green Card?

Program Electronic Review Management (PERM)

This is a labor certification to be complied by the employer on behalf of their foreign employee who is seeking to acquire a Green Card through EB-2 or EB-3 immigrant visa. PERM was first implemented on March 28, 2005 up to    this day.

It is also important to note that only an independent third party can give a PERM job offer, which is in most cases an employer. Prospective immigrants are not allowed to sponsor themselves for PERM nor job offers from family members.

Do all employment-based petitions require PERM?

EB 1 don’t require PERM 

No, EB1 petitions don’t require PERM, nor do Schedule A petitions. It has different requirements in place of PERM.

What is humanitarian relief?

Humanitarian Relief

Humanitarian relief programs are extended by the US government to protect individuals in need of shelter or aid from disasters, oppression, emergency medical issues, and other urgent circumstances. People on asylum, refugees, and violence, crime and human trafficking victims are covered by US humanitarian relief.

How to receive a refugee status in the US?

Refugee Status

One must be referred to the US Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) to be considered as a refugee. Once a referral is received, help in the application process will be provided by the US government and an interview with the USCIS officer will take place abroad to determine if you are eligible for refugee resettlement. One will be granted a refugee status once approved.

How to receive an asylum status in the US?

Asylum Status

A person must be physically in the US, or at least is in the airport or other port of entry to apply for asylum. Application for asylum should be filed within one year of entry in the US. Normally, the USCIS processes applications within 180 days. Fingerprints will be taken and required to attend an interview at one of the eight asylum offices.

Help to check your case form

Schedule a Consultation