US Green Card

Your legal pass to live and work permanently in the US is through a Permanent Resident Card or what is popularly known as the Green Card. Learn if you are eligible for permanent residency and start the process of obtaining your Green Card. We can help.

Schedule a Free Consultation Schedule a Consultation Help to check your case?

Applying for a Green Card

Pacific Immigration can help you obtain your US Green Card (l-551) provided that you are eligible to apply and meet all the requirements. We will assist you to prepare all your applications per your request and will make sure that you are prepared and ready for your appointments and interviews.

The Process


The application process varies depending on your eligibility and individual situation. But generally, applications should start with someone filing an immigration petition for you, known as your sponsor or petitioner, usually a US citizen or permanent resident.

For applicants who are in the US, we will go through USCIS adjustment of status if you are qualified, while for someone who is outside the US, we need to use the Consular Processing with the US Department of State.


If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must replace your Green Card if:

  • Your Green Card is either expired or will expire within the next six months;
  • Your previous card was lost, stolen, mutilated, or destroyed;
  • You received your card before you were 14 and you have reached your 14th birthday (unless your card expires before your 16th birthday);
  • You have been a commuter and are now taking up actual residence in the United States;
  • You have been a permanent resident residing in the United States and are now taking up commuter status;
  • Your status has been automatically converted to permanent resident status (this includes special agricultural worker applicants who are converting to permanent resident status);
  • You have a previous version of the alien registration card (for example, USCIS Form AR-3, Form AR-103 or Form I-151, which is no longer valid to prove your immigration status) and must replace it with a current Green Card;
  • Your card contains incorrect information;
  • You have legally changed your name or other biographic information on the card since you last received your card; or
  • You never received the previous card we issued to you.


If you are a conditional permanent resident who was granted a Green Card valid for two years, you can remove the conditions on your permanent resident status by filing a petition within the 90-day period before your conditional Green Card expires. Note that you cannot renew your conditional Green Card. You will lose your permanent resident status and you will become removable from the United States if your unable to remove the conditions on your Green Card.

  • A Green Card based on marriage, grantee must file Form l-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence).
  • Green Card for entrepreneurs, grantee must file Form l-829 (Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions).


Pacific immigration will make the tedious process easy for you, so long as you are eligible. We will assist you to prepare all your applications per your request and we will make sure that you are prepared and ready for your appointments and interviews if any.

Help to check your case?

Eligibility Categories


Who can participate for Green Card

1. An immediate relative of a US citizen or a permanent resident:

  • Spouse of a US citizen
  • Spouse of a permanent resident
  • Parents of US citizen
  • Unmarried child of US citizen or permanent resident (under 21 years old)
  • Brothers and sisters of US citizen

2. Fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen (K-1 nonimmigrant) or  the child of a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen (K-2 nonimmigrant)

3. Widow or widower of a US citizen and were married before your spouse died

4. Abused spouse, child or parent of a US citizen through VAWA self-petition


  • Immigrant worker
  • Has a job offer from a US employer
  • Immigrant investor


  • Religious worker
  • Granted the Asylee or Refugee status at least one year ago
  • Human trafficking (T nonimmigrant visa), crime (U nonimmigrant visa) and abuse victims
  • Winning the diversity visa lottery
  • A resident of the US before January 1, 1972
  • Other special cases

Next generation Green Card


New Version

The custom artwork design incorporates the American flag, Statue of Liberty, and a predominantly green color palette on both sides of the card. The hand-drawn and computer-aided designs on both the front and back enhance the security and integrity of the card.

Khuu Phat
Kirstin W. Everton
Bean Nguyen
What is a Green Card?

US Green Card

Green Card is the popular name for the Permanent Resident Card issued by USCIS to foreign immigrants as a legal proof of permanent residency in the US. A Green Card holder is allowed to work and reside in the US permanently. Permanent residents should, at all times, carry their Green Card. The card can be valid for 10 years or 2 years depend on your category and subject to renewal after such time. Permanent residents have the option to apply for US citizenship after five years of residency or three years if married to a US citizen.

What documents do I need to apply my Green Card?

It depends on the categories you apply for. Please contact us for the accurate guidelines and preparation.

Why do I need to renew my Green Card every 10 years?

Renewing your Green Card

A Green Card is a proof of permanent residency status in the US. While the status doesn’t expire, the Green Card as a valid identification does. Usually Green Cards have 10 years validity (2 years for conditional permanent residents). A permanent resident should ensure that the card is up-to-date to continually enjoy eligibility to travel, stay and work in the US. A Green Card should be renewed when expired or about to expire within six months. The card should also be replaced when there is a change in the owner’s legal information or when lost, stolen or damaged.

Can a Green Card be revoked?

Loss of Permanent Resident Status

Yes, a Green Card or permanent residency status can be revoked when certain conditions are not met and when restricted by law, one can lose permanent residency status. Green cards are of course bounded by rules set by the Government and failure to comply can lead to loss of permanent residency.

A green card is usually revoked due to immigration fraud, crime and fraudulent activities, failure to establish a permanent residence and abandonment of permanent residence, among others. 

Help to check your case form

Schedule a Consultation