When to contact a USCIS Lockbox
- To learn more about the reasons USCIS deemed your application ineligible.
- If more than 30 business days have passed after you mailed your application and USCIS hasn’t processed your credit card payment or deposited your filing fee check or money order.
- Your filing fee has been handled by USCIS, but more than 30 days have elapsed without you getting a receipt notice.
If you already have a receipt number, don’t contact a USCIS lockbox. Rather, submit an inquiry on the USCIS Tools and Resources page or call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283
How to contact a USCIS Lockbox
Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Form number (for example, Form I-485)
- Receipt number
- Sponsor or applicant’s name
- Address of the applicant or sponsor
- Delivery confirmation (if you need to find a parcel)
- How you made your payment and what evidence that USCIS received it